Monday, November 01, 2010

Autumn Harvest at the Jersey Shore





This weekend I reluctantly admitted that summer is over here at the Jersey Shore. I took a look at some of my beach walk finds that have accumulated over the past several months on the back porch.
 

And I decided it was time to sort them and "can" them into wide mouth canning jars. This should make it easier to find the perfect beach glass, pebble, seashell or other found object for each  project. I'm excited about all the flat pieces I have that will be perfect to set like precious gems in my jewelry. It's almost like finding them on a beach walk all over again.

Maybe next weekend I can find a space in my studio for all these jars.


Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy the turning of the leaves with me. It's still a perfect time to gather treasures at the beach.

9 comments:

Antique Atrocity said...

I am an antique novice, but I do enjoy the hunt for something spectacular. Often times I just find something strange. I started documenting the strange things i find and I would love some contributions as well. Check out my new blog:
http://antiqueatrocity.blogspot.com/

mithun said...

congrats! keep up the good work/this is a great presentation.
Antique Art

Unknown said...

Great presentation I like the natural twist with the shells and material for the jewelry!

Antique Jewellery said...

What a lovely collection you have there. Eco-jewellery is becoming so popular, nice work.

Unknown said...

Love the hunt for something special too. Requires patience and a good eye. From Engagement Rings Dublin

Unknown said...

nice info
i like the article
===========
web design

Sheridan said...

So jealous of your treasures. You certainly have a handful there. I am excited to see what you will do with each finds.

Jade: 翡翠

Unknown said...

Wow what a lovely post.I am impressed from it.Can you more share with me.I will come back as soon.




Thanks for more info........






Ceramic Beads

Ceramic Beads

Ceramic Beads

Ceramic Beads

Unknown said...

Your work is beautiful as always! Your every post inspires me, thank you.online jewelry store