Friday, January 05, 2007






This bracelet is a sampler of materials I often use. It includes a plastic guitar pick, a stainless steel snap, a vintage Indian head wooden nickel, threaded with sterling silver wire and embellished with a flower made of ocean jasper faceted briolette beads, a charm made from an American Express magnet, mixed metal rivets and jumprings. The clasp is a silver metal magnet. I made this bracelet for the EBSQ Art Jewelry Show Contest, although I've made others similar, I had to be sure to add wood, stone and metal to this piece. It was a fun challenge and I plan on making more with these elements.

Since each piece is unique, I will be allowing for customization in the bracelets. I think this is a great way to incorporate little tiny treasures that we all hold onto and never know how to keep them close to us. Like a quilt made of fabric scraps from our childhood clothes can trigger such precious memories, I think a sampler of found objects bracelet can do the same.

Let me know if you have a "scrap" of the past to put into a custom bracelet.

I currently have this bracelet on HOLD status, because I'd like to see if it places in the contest, before I set the price! I'll also have a custom bracelet listing soon in The Chelsea Collection at Amethyst Lobster. Click here for the page of this particular bracelet, titled Found Object Wood, Stone Metal Bracelet.

No comments: